Meet The Doctor
Dr. Rusty Mayer has been providing quality general dentistry in Hammond since 1983. He attended Loyola University where he met Ann, his wife of 38 years. After graduating with a B.S. Degree in biology and chemistry from Loyola University in 1976, he studied at the L.S.U. School of Dentistry. He graduated with honors in 1980. After a three year tour of duty with the US Army in Germany, Dr. Mayer returned to Louisiana to practice Dentistry in Hammond.
While away from the office, Dr. Mayer spends his time enjoying his four daughters, Katie, Emily, Hope and Paula. After a 28 year career, he recently retired from the US Army Reserves, attaining the rank of Colonel and Command of his dental company. His hobbies include tennis, gardening, motorcycles, fishing and keeping Ann and the "Girls" happy. He is also a member of Holy Ghost Catholic Church.
| || || |
Dr. Mayer's new granddaughter!
Dr. Mayer's new grandson!
| || |
Dr. Mayer is involved in many community service and community organizations, including the following:
• Louisiana State Board of Dentistry(Current President)
• American Dental Association
• Louisiana Dental Association
• American Orthodontic Society
• Northlake Dental Association (five years on board of Governors and one term as President)
• U.S. Army Reserves (three years active duty, 21 years reserves, Colonel, Unit Commander, Graduate of US Army Command and General Staff College, Meritorious Service Metal, seven Army Commendation metals, Humanitarian Service Ribbon)
• Hammond Chamber of Commerce (nine years on Board of Directors, 29 years as chairman of the Link Award Committee, three years as chairman of Community Service Committee)
• Hammond Kiwanis Club (32 year member, two years on the Board of Directors)
• St. Thomas Regional Catholic High School (six years on School Board, one year as Vice President, two years as President)
• Hammond Tree Foundation (two years on the Board of Directors)
• Hammond Urban Forestry Commission (two years on Board of Directors)
• Holy Ghost Parish Church (two years on Council of Ministries, two years as Building Committee Chairman)
• Hammond Area Girls Softball (H.A.G.S.) Coach - six years
• Reserve Officers Association (Life Member)
• American Legion
• Sons of the American Revolution
• Oak Knoll Country Club (three years on Board of Directors)
• Eagle Scout
Memberships & Associations: